[nycphp-talk] handling long articles...and MS Word

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Mar 3 04:30:49 EST 2004

Marc Antony Vose writes:

> Right now, believe it or not, I am leaning toward diving into
> REALbasic and coding my own cross-platform Windows/OS X XML document
> editor to sell to clients who make these kinds of requests, for them
> to prepare their Web-based documents in, rather than dealing with all
> the vagaries of going from Word to ASCII or Unicode-compatible
> textual content dynamically.

I would suggest reading:
Thinking XML: The open office file format
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think15/

There are some resource links in that article
that also might prove to be useful.

I would be interested in hearing
what you decide on.

HTH

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com