[nycphp-talk] GD Lib problem?

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Fri Mar 12 11:51:20 EST 2004

Jeff Siegel wrote:
> I thought of that but then it would seem to kinda defeat the purpose of
> a captcha since one could write some simple script to just read the html
> and figure out the sequence of numbers/letters based on the filenames.

I think the intent was to use the imagecopy function to build your basic
text string out of pre-made png images, then apply whatever obfuscation
technique to the resulting montage, and output a single image.

It could work quite well, especially if you had a large pool of pre-made
letters to draw from.

Dan