[nycphp-talk] NYPHP live cdrom

Chris Snyder csnyder at chxo.com
Thu Mar 18 13:42:30 EST 2004

Russ Demarest wrote:

> Perhaps the goal would be to create a base (small as possible) LAMP
> Live image and then allow developers to add their apps as they needed to.

Agreed -- we all need to demo apps offline for clients and investors.
We'd be using free tools to put this together, and we'd document what it
takes to port a PHP app for use on the CD.

Not sure what we'd provide in the way of a client, tho. If it's just a
server (and no X-Windows / gui webbrowser) you'd still need to network
the host in order to connect to it from a workstation. Obviously we
could distribute a lightweight client environment with it.