[nycphp-talk] Re: using PHP for an offline / CD-ROM presentation

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Wed May 26 13:15:24 EDT 2004

Hello all,

thanks very much for your responses and suggestions regarding making an
offline CD application using PHP. Jeff's suggestion seems to be awesome
( http://www.indigostar.com/microweb.htm ). I will definitely try it out.

Thanks also to the person who suggested Flash. My brother also suggested
Flash - but the thing is that it might take me some time to get up to
speed with Flash. And its (vector graphics) nature is a bit ...
different. Flash used to be associate more with graphic designers than
with developers, but this has clearly changed by now. (The website of
the person who suggested Flash is incredibly well done, by the way.
Congrats on the great job!)

I should buy a book and Flash and read up on its database capabilities ...

Best Regards,

- Jay Sheth