[nycphp-talk] PHP GUI on Windows?

Scott Mattocks scott at crisscott.com
Fri Aug 19 10:39:57 EDT 2005

leam at reuel.net wrote:

> Well, try to get it to work, I think. So far it doesn't look to be a robust install and the test scripts fail.  :(

PHP-GTK has some odd dependencies at the moment. PHP-GTK 1.0.2 requires
PHP 4.3.x and will not work with PHP 5. PHP-GTK 2.0 is still under
development but requires PHP 5.1 or greater. If you have PHP 4.3.x and
you are installing on windows, installation is easy. Just download a
file, unzip it and copy a directory or two. Linux is a little more
complicated but is 300% better than it was in the past. If you check the
PHP-GTK mailing list archives, you will find answers to almost any
installation issue.

> But my question is, to do the above, what PHP extensions/tools would be needed? The user would tend to be non-technical, and there would be no mysql/apache; just PHP and the data files. It would need to run on Windows, from old verions to the newest.

I think PHP-GTK is a perfect solution but then again I may be a little
biased.

Scott