[nycphp-talk] PHP GUI on Windows?

leam at reuel.net leam at reuel.net
Fri Aug 19 11:00:33 EDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:39:57AM -0400, Scott Mattocks wrote:
> leam at reuel.net wrote:
> >
> > But my question is, to do the above, what PHP extensions/tools would be needed? The user would tend to be non-technical, and there would be no mysql/apache; just PHP and the data files. It would need to run on Windows, from old verions to the newest.
>
> I think PHP-GTK is a perfect solution but then again I may be a little
> biased.
>
> Scott

Hehe...why would that be?  Okay, taking the php-gtk install issues out of the thread as I need to deal with those seperately, what tools would be required? I want to:

1. Create the PHP programs and extensions and have them on the CD the client gets.
2. I don't have any Windows compilers or PHP Zend-y type things either. What would be needed?
3. Is php-gtk 2.0 close enough that using PHP 5.x would be adviseable? This is a stand-alone app so I don't need to stick with PHP 4.x. Not that I mind either, but most of the web-sites I've seen are on PHP 4.x.
4. Are there old versions of windows that PHP doesn't run on? This is a serious question--many of the clients are on software that is very old. I'd not be surprised of someone had Win 95 or even Win 3.1.

ciao!

leam