[nycphp-talk] Mambo (was: Consulting work)

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Sat Jul 2 18:41:45 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> We base all our deliverables on Mambo (well we should, we're core
> developers LOL), and I knew we could get to market with 80-90% of what
> the client needed with off-the-shelf stuff from MamboForge.net and so
> on, and the whole shebang would take less than a month.

Mitch could I ask you a few questions related to Mambo?
CCing the lits since I think it may be of interest..

Recently I bumped into Mambo and I think it would be a great time saver
because of what you listed above (lots of components already built,
communal work, etc...).

The questions..
* Non MySQL support.
Based on what I see on the forums and an email I sent asking it seems
Mambo will support other databases in the not too distant future.

Do you have any guestimates when this may be?

* How big a learning curve do you see learning Mambo? We talking days or
weeks.. for an experience PHP developer.

Don't have MySQL so have not tried Mambo.. but looking to try it once it
supports other DBs.

* For what type of applications do you think it's best suited and least
suited?

I have seem some of the mambo sites users have done and it seemed a pretty
wide spectrum.