[nycphp-talk] Pitching PHP to a Java House

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 08:10:48 EDT 2005

One word of caution,
Warning the following is a rant, read with caution or
don’t read if you don’t want to be bothered,

With success comes migration of jobs elsewhere and
more than 100million hungry programmers poised and
ready to take the jobs away.  Sorry for the trumpet of
doom and despair but it’s happened before.

Since I already spilled the beans, let me elaborate a
little more.  The only reason PHP remains a good
source of employment in New York is because the big
boys (mid to large size corporations) don’t take it
seriously.  Once they start doing so, next thing you
know they’re importing cheap programmers to do the
work and whatnot. Let the Java people remain in their
Java houses and think their big giant cow of a
language is the best thing that ever happened to the
IT community.

With PHP5 becoming the standard installation in all
shops, we all know that Java loses its lead as a
better object oriented language and the only thing it
has to boast.  But let’s keep this a sweet secret.

Sorry for the rant, I hope I haven’t ruined your
morning.