[nycphp-talk] AWStats vs Webalizer

Jeff Knight jeff.knight at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:37:24 EDT 2005

Webalizer is ugly, real ugly, makes me a little queasy just looking at
it. One of the worst pieces of information design I've ever seen.
AWStats provides more information, more thoughtfully laid out, and is
immediatly intuitive to use (i.e. no schooling for clients). However,
John's point about locking it down are far from paranoid ramblings. My
personal development site has very little traffic and no public pages
at all. As I review the logs, over the last couple months pokes at
AWStats outnumber any other sort of malicious behavior (although phpBB
seems on its way back up).