[nycphp-talk] AWStats vs Webalizer

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 10 11:53:34 EDT 2005

Thomas O'Neill tommyo-at-gmail.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

> I use urchin for a log analyizer. The company i lease my server
> through (ev1servers.net <http://ev1servers.net>) offers it for free.
> You should check with your hosting provider to see if its available.
> It is a very robust, very slick, very professional program.  It
> includes a user management system that will create users by domain
> name so if you have a bunch of virtual sites you can give them each
> seperate logins.
>
> -Tom

Urchin is now part of the Googleplex, and is getting very low-cost. It
is widely believed it will be free soon, because Google wants your
stats. By trading free stat software for access to your site stats,
Google gets what I was just saying is a very valuable competitive
intelligence. Not unlike GMail in some ways, and very much different in
other ways (I'd sooner use GMail than the new urchin, for sure).

-=john andrews