[nycphp-talk] OT: Choosing Hosting Companies

max max at neuropunks.org
Wed May 11 13:36:13 EDT 2005

I personally like gandi.net, its a French registrar, comes out to be around 10EU/year. They are a little lacking on customer support side, but I just like the idea of not using an American registrar. They have a fully featured interface, but I would say this recommendation will fare better for technically oriented.
By hosting, do you also mean webhosting/server hosting?
For webhosting, I would recommend www.webhost4life.com. They are cheap, reliable, very flexible, and feature pretty much dymmy-proof control panel.
If you want to host a server, I am using www.pilosoft.com, and they charge me $75/mo/1U with 50Gb/mo bandwidth in a datacenter at 55 Broad st. downtown.
Im sure you can do better in either category, just recommending something I've used and had a good experience with.