[nycphp-talk] Zend IDE problems and the Apple MACs asdevelomentplatforms

Timothy Boyden tboyden at supercoups.com
Wed Dec 13 13:37:28 EST 2006

The main differences between the Macbook and Macbook Pro is:

Screen size: 13" vs. 15"

Video Card: Intel integrated vs. ATI Radeon Mobility

Price: $1499 vs. $1999

If you don't need the extra 40 GB of HD space or the Black color, you
can save another $200 with the mid-range Macbook.

I definitely recommend maxing out the RAM to 2 GB with the Macbook if
you're going to use Parallels. Get the extra RAM via aftermarket - it's
less expensive.

I run a Black Macbook though not with Zend, and it's noticeably faster
then even some of the newer Dell Dimension desktops with Core 2 Duo
processors. Sure it maybe a little slower for games or high-end work in
Photoshop with the integrated graphics card, but for programming, you
won't even notice it. Plus when Apple switches platforms in another 3
years again you won't be pissed you spent the extra money on the thing!
;-p

-Tim

Timothy Boyden
Network Administrator
tboyden at supercoups.com

SuperCoups(r) | 350 Revolutionary Drive | E. Taunton, MA 02718
508-977-2034  | www.supercoups.com <outbind://5/www.supercoups.com>