[nycphp-talk] FW: conference at nyphp: Call For Papers Open; Show Your Participation; PR

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Tue Jan 31 23:46:39 EST 2006

Hey Scott -

Scott Mattocks wrote on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:52 AM:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Hans Zaunere wrote:
>
> > This announcement is quite significant since it announces the call for
> > papers is open for NYPHPCon 2006 and more details.
>
> Just curious, but why haven't I seen this in more places? I have only
> seen the announcement here and on php-mag.net. Actually, only one of the

We're still in early phases of promotion (and frankly we're already
surprised by the coverage even now) so NYPHPCon 2006 is getting out there
quickly.

> sponsors even has a mention on their site (phpdeveloper.org). I was
> expecting to see the CfP on php.net and phparch.com at least. Is there

A couple of announcements have gone out and will be going live very soon.

> anything us mailing list subscribers can do to help spread the word?

Absolutely.  Take a look at http://www.nyphpcon.com/show_participation.php

As members of New York PHP, you've all made this conference possible.  Even
if you live far from New York, as many on this list do, you're a vital part
of NYPHP.

Talk about the conference on your blogs, forums, signatures, and general web
sites.  The logo/link at http://www.nyphpcon.com/show_participation.php is a
way to get started when mentioning the conference.

The immediate recognition of NYPHPCon 2006 has already been based on the
crucial role NYPHP members play - who's core is this very list.  If there
are any questions or special requests, please don't hesitate to contact me
personally.

Best regards,

---
Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP