[nycphp-talk] DTD choice help?

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Sun Jun 11 10:30:28 EDT 2006

Sarah,

John may not have directly addressed your DTD question, but I think the
point he was trying to make was that you should just jump in and give it
a shot.

That said, if you wish to make points about list etiquette, here are a
couple for you.

1. choose the right list

Your DTD question is really more appropriate for the front-end list as
it's not directly related to PHP

2. be aware of your position on the list, especially if you're
considering a potentially insulting post directed at another member.

Here is a quick illustration of what I mean:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=john+andrews+nyphp.org&word2=sarah+yoffa+nyphp.org

John is a valued member of the community and was simply trying to help
you out, accusing him of spamming the list is downright insulting and
serves only to discourage him and other members from trying to help out
in the future.

nyphp.org is a great place with many people who are not only very
knowledgeable but also willing to share that knowledge, a very rare and
valuable resource for all the members.

My apologies in advance if I have offended you or anyone else on the
list, the point I'm trying to make is that nyphp.org in general is a
wonderful resource, and the people who are kind enough to take the time
 to share their knowledge should be treated with the respect and thanks
they deserve.

Dan