[nycphp-talk] php for mailing list app?

drydell at optonline.net drydell at optonline.net
Mon Jun 26 13:52:14 EDT 2006

you can run a detached background task by either turning off std out and err:

shell_exec("env -i /your/path/to/php -q -f /your/path/to/script.php >&- <&- 2>&- &");

or directing them to /dev/null:

shell_exec("env -i /your/path/to/php -q -f /your/path/to/script.php  2>>/dev/null >&- <&- >>/dev/null &");