[nycphp-talk] OT?: HTML question

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Sat Oct 14 08:05:43 EDT 2006

To make it even better, separate the control logic from the
presentation. That way, back could be reverse, etc. I do this in all my
forms since application logic and presentation "word play" are two
distinct things to me. This is what I use:

<form method="post" action="form.php">
<input name="submit[back]" value="reverse" type="submit" />
&nbsp;
<input name="submit[next]" value="speed ahead" type="submit" />
&nbsp;
<input name="submit[home]" value="no place like home" type="submit" />
</form>

Then, you can have a simple routine that captures submit actions
regardless of the presentation value. You check for the array submit --
count 1 and whitelist against the acceptable values. A multi-row table
can expand upon the theme by using this: submit[edit_3],
submit[delete_3]m submit[edit_5], etc.

Cliff