[nycphp-talk] Client vs. Server programming

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Sep 22 01:05:16 EDT 2006

Leo Kokin wrote:
> I've spent some time developing proficiency in JavaScript and AJAX.
> Every time I try to go to the server PHP programming, I end up
> scratching my head asking why would anybody program on the server?

Sounds to me like you don't understand the distinction between
client-side and server-side, or you're just trolling.

To answer your question directly, if your application was entirely
client-side, then it's pointless to make it a web application, and you
miss out on all of the benefits of this cool thing called the Internet.

Chris