[nycphp-talk] Many pages: one script

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Tue Aug 7 08:58:39 EDT 2007

> I follow you, Hans, but then what about URLs as resource locators?
> Your elegant "aliasing a handler or set of URLs to a single URL or
> processor" means URLs don't equate to (unique) information resources.
> Doesn't that "break" the web?

The aliasing is happening within the web server to get around direct
filesystem/URL mapping - it's up to the business logic of the application to
serve different resources, which is the flexibility we're after.  This
determination can happen in the application, dynamically and during request
time, rather than being dictated by the filesystem.