[nycphp-talk] UPS Shipping Calculator

Dynamic Ink nyphp at dynamicink.com
Mon Aug 20 11:48:03 EDT 2007

Timothy,

I am sorry that you feel unhappy for having to pay a few dollars for an
article that successfully solved your issue. Considering that you appear to
be employed (at SuperCoups) and the typical hourly PHP wage is well over
$30, if this article saved you 18 minutes of effort seeking a solution then
you have made a fine investment ($8.78/($30/60) = 17.56 minutes).

If a magazine publishes your work it is unethical to then give the article
away for free. You should know that I do not receive royalties; you asked
for assistance with a topic and so I let you know that the solution existed
in the article. In the future if you seek support and then accept the help,
please refrain from then ranting negatively about the means in which it was
given.