[nycphp-talk] OOP Books & Resources

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Wed Dec 12 11:04:05 EST 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Ben Sgro wrote:

> I'll take a look at that. Thing is, it doesn't have to be a php oop
> book. I just want
> it to really flesh out all the OOP Design details.

Sure, I understand. I just don't get much more than theory out of
"generic" books (which is fine if you dont know the theory but if you've
coded in several languages like me, its not so useful). The books that
*do* include code talk about Java or C++. But not all the features of say,
C++, are present in PHP5. So while its good to know about multiple
inheritance, at some point you have to get more language-specific and
realize that PHP5 doesn't have that.

--
Aj.