[nycphp-talk] Apache/PHP on MAC OSX

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Wed Feb 14 17:17:28 EST 2007

I have XAMPP for Mac OSX running.  Seems to be ok... although the
current version for my Intel-Mac installed PHP 5.2... so that's not a
help for you.

I sort of prefer compiling from source because there's usually something
missing that I need from these apache/php bundles and they tend put
things in weird places.  I had an extremely hard time figuring out how
to compile some of the standard libraries from source until I came
across this doc: http://www.libgd.org/DOC_INSTALL_OSX - I has steps for
libjpeg, libpng, freetype, zlib, and gd.

I haven't tried the remote debugger before.  Good luck!

-Rob