[nycphp-talk] Apache/PHP on MAC OSX

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Wed Feb 14 19:44:30 EST 2007

You would create it on your own ...

mkdir ~/.MacOSX; nano ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist

This is what my file looks like, YMMV ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://
www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>RUBY</key>
         <string>/opt/local/bin/ruby</string>
         <key>CVS_RSH</key>
         <string>ssh</string>
         <key>SSH_AUTH_SOCK</key>
         <string>/tmp/501/SSHKeychain.socket</string>
         <key>PATH</key>
         <string>/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/
bin:/Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I found this out after noticing a few GUI-based apps would not run if
the executable wasn't available, more info is here ... http://
developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html

I still have no idea if this is based on say Cocoa apps which need to
run CLI-based apps (I ran into this when TextMate would not run svn
or a few commands).

- Jon