[nycphp-talk] multi-part form without refresh - point me to a working solution?

Nazmul Hassan xdarkshadow98x at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:10:13 EST 2007

well, to save it, you will have to use Ajax, to save the content even if it
wasn't added.
your saying, if text box A isn't filled, then text box B should be filled,
and if neither are filled in then text box C must be filled in, then some
sort of error will come?
and also, this is working, on through the users browser, or through the
server after the form values are put in. if it is through the users browser,
then it shud be AJAX

On 1/3/07, Brandy Whine <brandywhine2007 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone. You have all helped me as a lurker for almost a year, but now
> my PHP has advanced a bit and I need to ask a specific question if that's
> ok. I don't know AJAX but I think I need it now.
>
> I have a multipart form to build.  I need some parts to appear conditional
> on the data entered in prior parts. Right now, it's very specific:
>
> offer a text box. It will grow from here I am sure, but for now it's just
> "if text box is filled, offer part B if not, offer part C".
>
> Since I want to "save" the content of the text field that was entered, no
> matter what they do with the following (optional) form parts, do I need an
> ajax solution? And if so, can someone point me to working code I can start
> with as a noob on this topic, so I can learn as I use it?
>
> Thanks again for all the help. You guys rock.

> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

(¯`·._.·[ ' Nazmul Hassan ' ]·._.·´¯)