[nycphp-talk] And the HTML CSS guru is....

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Thu Jan 11 19:10:45 EST 2007

David Mintz wrote:
> This thread probably belongs on front-end but... no doubt but that tables
> are for tabular data. There's a nice SitePoint book about kicking the
> table habit: http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css2/.  Forms are the one
> thing with which I haven't been able to get clean and sober, because
> aligning all the elements with pure CSS -- at least for a non-guru like
> myself, judging from the solutions I've seen and tried -- is a PITA.

And that is the reason why so many people use tables for layout. CSS is
all nice and pretty, but absolutely unusable from a design standpoint.
Most people do well with visual design tools (table) rather than with
detached and abstract descriptions of the design (CSS). I yet have to
find a decent CSS editor that makes this whole nightmare into a dream. I
tend to say CSS sucks, but that is plain unfair and incorrect. CSS is
kewl, it is the lack of plain simple to use tools for CSS that get CSS
to be sidelined.

Just my 2 €.

David