[nycphp-talk] Why IT Sucks

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Fri Apr 18 11:00:32 EDT 2008

At 4:48 PM -0400 4/17/08, Jason Scott wrote:
>I am not against working from home, but I believe it works better as
>the exception, and not the rule, which is the complete opposite of
>what I'm hearing so far.

The digital nature of the work is changing the work ethic.

For the exception of discussions like this, I work. I spend 10-14
hours a day writing code. My clients never have to wait for anything.
My work is done on time and per the cost agreed beforehand. My repeat
business keeps me busy enough that I don't have to look for any
additional work. In fact, I often turn work away.

For me, it's not a question of "Why won't employers hire me to work
at home?" but rather I have enough work that I don't understand why
more businesses don't hire digital employees? From my perspective,
it's a win-win for all.

Cheers,

tedd

--