[nycphp-talk] Sporadic problems with forms

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.com
Fri Feb 1 14:31:29 EST 2008

Mary Beth Kooper wrote:
> I have a cmu that I have taken over.  The forms in this cmu are in
> frames.  Every once in a while, a 2nd update is submitted to the mysql
> database with blank data fields.

Are you both using sessions and doing any redirections with header(
'Location... (for example, after validating field content)? If so, you
need to carry the session id along with the redirection URI or you will
lose your session. That in and of itself will not cause duplication, but
it can cause empty data.