[nycphp-talk] SoapClient - Worthless?

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Sun Feb 10 19:27:28 EST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Hans Zaunere wrote:
> This isn't the first time odd symbol conflicts have happened with
> libmysqlclient.  I can't pin it down now, but I do remember a very
> similar issue not long ago.  Hopefully Sun can push some testing
> practices, even if it is for PHP.

Yes!  I've also had segfaults with mysql/php... upgrading and
rebuilding everything fixed it.  I think it was something with a 64
bit architecture, but that's off the top of my head.  When's that
native mysql driver coming for php?  Looks like a dev version is
available.  Anyone try it?
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php-mysqlnd/

Also get segfaults with xml services now and then.  We've been using
SoapClient with the National Weather Service WSDL.  It seems that
everything has been running smoothly with that as far as I can tell.
The code using it has been in production for a couple months.

Anyone ever get a segfault with debug_backtrace?  Had to disable the
use of that on a couple of our servers.  Never could track down the
cause of it.