[nycphp-talk] Upload progress meter

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Mon Jul 7 13:00:18 EDT 2008

At 8:25 AM -0400 7/7/08, csnyder wrote:
>Here's a brief writeup of how to enable upload progress bars in PHP.
>http://undesigned.org.za/2008/07/06/simple-php-upload-progress-meter-using-prototype
>
>The PECL extension that enables this is still marked as experimental.
>
>I wish browser makers would realize that upload progress is just as
>important to people as download progress, but at least now we have a
>way to roll our own.

The above progress bar doesn't work for me.

I've been down this road several times and each time it's a hassle
that usually doesn't work well.

I finally just placed a animated gif when I want to show the user
something -- it works for me.

Here's an assortment of images.

http://webbytedd.com/bb/wait/

If anyone has any they want to add, please let me know.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------