[nycphp-talk] Need help understanding NULL

lists at nopersonal.info lists at nopersonal.info
Sat Aug 29 16:02:34 EDT 2009

I don't usually use NULL values for anything because no matter how much
I read I can't figure out the purpose of it. So far this hasn't been a
problem for me, but I figure it's going to trip me up sooner or later.

I've read the NULL sections of the PHP & MySQL manuals and even tried
googling for articles, but the concept of a “a missing unknown value”
makes my brain hurt. Can someone please, please, please attempt to
explain--in the simplest terms possible--what the practical
advantages/disadvantages of using it might be?

Regards,
Bev