[nycphp-talk] Parse HTML Files as PHP

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Feb 22 13:51:22 EST 2009

At 1:20 PM -0500 2/22/09, Peter Sawczynec wrote:
>Okay, well thank you to all for the insightful responses so far.
>
>So this probably is an SEO issue. In that I am looking at a niche all
>HTML site
>that has been up for awhile and has gained decent google relevancy in
>search results.
>
>I am concerned that changing all the page names from
>"topic_specific_file_name.html" to
>"topic_specific_file_name.php" might make all the pages appear as all
>new pages to
>google and re-set the search results standing for the entire site.
>
>So I was considering the *.html parsed thru PHP technique to get PHP
>into all the pages.
>
>And in a dark personal corner I did like a little the modicum of
>security through obscurity that
>this technique might gain.
>
>So now if anyone with some SEO/search background can weigh in on the
>page name change issue
>that would be great.
>
>Warmest regards,
>
>Peter Sawczynec
>Technology Dir.

Peter:

I don't know how Google or other search engines may view changes like
that, but I can't imagine the change would be significant -- both
suffixes work. It's my understanding that SE's look at content rather
than the suffix, but I could be wrong.

It you belong to scrubtheweb.com, you might ask them -- they would know.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------