[nycphp-talk] Learned one CMS and want to move on.

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Mon Jul 27 17:38:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Glenn Powell wrote:

> You can probably get Drupal things done very quickly compared to
> others at your workplace... quick=profit (or getting the job in the
> first place.)
>
> I would guess that your career development is not at the top of the
> priority list for your employer.
>
> Maybe there is a compromise?

A few ideas:

1. Maybe offer to mentor someone else to become proficient in Drupal too -
allowing you to work on non-Drupal stuff?

2. Learn some other technology in your own time and use it in a project.
(Or use it in a personal project).

3. Explain how bad it would be for the company if you had to leave, so
have them let you work on some non-Drupal projects for part of your time.

4. Ask if they can pay for training for you - explain how much more
projects they can bid on and get if they have a more diversified work
force.

--
Aj.