[nycphp-talk] Learned one CMS and want to move on.

y2rob at aol.com y2rob at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 10:33:10 EDT 2009

hello anthony,
sorry to hear your troubles, yeah unfortunately these are strange times for progammers. ?the demand is less and people want programmed miracles in days, opposed to weeks and it's safer to use test driven platforms like drupal or joomla, which has a ton of user support as well as multiple modules to solve every client's question, than to build your own.

the only thing i can suggest is this, you know drupal and you know it's problems, take what you know of drupal, pick up a framework, which you feel is the best for your needs and construct a cms from that. ?it will be the most fun for you and it's not drupal, while it's still a platform your employer might be interested in using as an alternative if you choose to share it with him/her. ?i mean protect what's yours and see if you can make money of it as well, imo :)

just my 2 cents,

~rob