[nycphp-talk] Web 2.0 "how to talk like you know something" presentation

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:06:37 EST 2010

As silly as the buzzwords are and we can laugh about them, it's a
short-cut to people doing evaluations for a field they know very
little about. We all do this. I know nothing about blenders, so I look
in Consumer Reports and gather buzzwords on what to look for. I don't
have the time or desire to become a food appliance design engineer
just to select a blender for consumer use, even though I want a good
one.

This just shows how much you have to talk with the perspective clients
to understand what's important to them. I'm not saying they always
know what's best, but being able to successfully figure out what's
important to them can be key. What's important to them might be
considered lame to the proposal writer, but it's about getting the work.

David Roth