[nycphp-talk] Running PHP On IIS Express

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:27:18 EDT 2011

At home I mostly do .NET OSS coding, and at work we have an MSDN
subscription, so Visual Studio is a sunk cost or already paid for. I also
have a tendency to do polygot programming where I have WCF services doing
data access, and returning business object. My php code make soap calls and
my javascript makes json calls to these services and takes care of the front
end. I love C#, WCF, and Smarty, but hate ASP.NET webforms.

I've done the eclipse thing and toyed with netbeans, but desktop java apps
annoy me for some reason. Notepad++ is cool used it at an old job. For
editing PHP I use Visual Studio, gvim, vim or the editor in FAR (
http://www.farmanager.com).

My php/.NET combination projects are the ones where being able to test on
IIS Express is the big deal to me. However, I actually discovered this
yesterday helping a coworker out. Also, the real interesting thing is
Microsoft WebMatrix support PHP and .NET out of the box.