[nycphp-talk] Running PHP On IIS Express

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:31:54 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Rukbat <rukbat at webdingers.com> wrote:

> I've been running PHP on an Apache server on a Win2k box for years.

Out of curiosity why not IIS? Does apache perform better? Also, if you
actually benchmarked it, have to tried again recently on a modern version of
Windows and PHP? Microsoft has put a lot of time into making PHP suck less
on Windows. If you use FastCGI as opposed to ISAPI and an un-threaded 32-bit
build of PHP, IIS performance is really good.

I never put PHP on Apache for windows and IIS in a head to head comparison
though. I always did PHP on IIS because when in Rome ....

Justin