[nycphp-talk] Web browser quality

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sun May 13 14:46:10 EDT 2012

On 5/12/2012 1:18 PM, Bruce Martin wrote:
> Thought I would chime in here. I heard that Microsoft currently has plans not to allow third party browsers in Windows 8. Meaning IE 9 only for Windows 8. This to me is yet another bone head move as IE 9 still lacks the standards that Chrome, Safari and FireFox support.

That depends on which Windows 8 you are talking about. The Windows RT formerly
known as WOA (Windows on ARM) Windows desktop will NOT provide for anything
else other than IE. Only in the Metro view other metro-style browsers are
allowed. That said, who cares what W8 does. It is another Vista, or even worse
than that. The flop of the century. But I'm digressing....

David