[nycphp-talk] Programs rights and Lic etc.

Rukbat rukbatsramblings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:35:29 EST 2013

My usually way of handling this sort of thing is to figure out how much
I'll make by using it over and over, and charging the sole client that
muc h.  So you offer him exclusive rights for X or right-to-use for
X/100 (whatever you figure the two values are).  So does he want to pay
$5,000 or $500,000?  If he thinks right-to-use is expensive, wait until
he hears what exclusive right to sell software costs.  (Microsoft
doesn't make $5,000 on a new version of Windows.  Use that as an example.)

I'd rather not do the job than give the work away for less than I think
it's worth to me.