[nycphp-talk] Cake v. Symfony

Paul M Jones pmjones88 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 14:49:47 EDT 2006

On Sep 7, 2006, at 1:01 PM, inforequest wrote:

>>> If David Mintz switching from Smarty to Cake is not a call for a
>>> Symfony
>>> presentation at NYPHP, I'm a duck. I can't do it. Maybe somebody
>>> can?
>>>

>> Oh no! You seem to be saying Symfony is better, so off I go to
>> http://www.symfony-project.com/ and start sniffing at it... just
>> what I
>> need, another crisis of faith. To continue learning to bake, or
>> try to
>> become a composer instead?
>>
>> Seriously, they both look like they have their strengths and
>> weaknesses.
>> Cake seems a little rough-edged and the documentation is uneven,
>> but it
>> doesn't make you write a lot of YAML.
>
> Yes, David, maybe Symfony is better (nudge nudge) and maybe cleaner
> (nudge), or easier to follow without docs (nudge nudge) or perhaps the
> docs are more complete. I can't *tell* you these things with mere
> words;
> you need to *experence* them (nudge nudge) in order to fully
> appreciate
> the symfony/cake comparisons (nudge nudge). Oh, and be sure to report
> back to the talk list, ok?   ;-)

[self-promotion] As long as we're examining frameworks, Solar <http://
solarphp.com> may bear scrutiny as well. [/self-promotion]

--

Paul M. Jones  <http://paul-m-jones.com>

Solar: Simple Object Library and Application Repository
for PHP5.   <http://solarphp.com>

Savant: The simple, elegant, and powerful solution for
templates in PHP.   <http://phpsavant.com>